Welcome to the Riders Club official forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Riders Club is an online show for the Inheritence Cycle and Twilight Saga.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Blue Bloods
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:46 pm by Carly

» Midnight Sun Isn't So Sad
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 pm by Carly

» Theories for Book 4
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 pm by Carly

» Is murtagh...
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm by Carly

» What Other Books Do You Like?
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:38 pm by Carly

» Who would you vote for?
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm by Carly

» Who has the Best Signature?
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 pm by Carly

» DO u try to help the environment? and how
Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 pm by Carly

Top posters
esac (759)
Another helpful advise from a geek thread I_vote_lcapAnother helpful advise from a geek thread I_voting_barAnother helpful advise from a geek thread I_vote_rcap 
Emsta (546)
Another helpful advise from a geek thread I_vote_lcapAnother helpful advise from a geek thread I_voting_barAnother helpful advise from a geek thread I_vote_rcap 
Carly (455)
tombom (168)
domia abr wyrda (109)
Annmarie (80)
Jasmine (10)
Guitar Hero God (7)
Zash (3)
Kyler (3)

Another helpful advise from a geek thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Another helpful advise from a geek thread Empty
PostSubject: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 9:13 pm

yeah, thats what it is, btw, I am only really a geek when i want to be. but anyway, case, I know lots of ways to populate a website/podcast and I will go ahead and do a lot of it for you guys (I mean, I'm on the team too, so...) I will then explain what I've done, and you should see a lot more people coming to your forum/site. Remember, if you get a lot of people, you might want to fix a few things, like the updates on the index of the forum like this:
Quote :
We would love to have more co-hosts on our show just call in the # is 718-506-1792 just call in just a few minutes after the show starts on Sunday at 4:00pm. Also we are having the game show on the Riders Club Sapphire's Glint has been canceled due to no contestants but it will happen on the Riders Club so anyone who wants to be a contestant PM or email me at emily@emilymiller.com. And just to let yall know Cynder is Emily Miller okay guys thank yall for joing the Riders Club Forum. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU SUPPORT!!! ADMINISTRATORS: Emily Miller and Case Godfrey
I am fine with this, but I think that You shouldn't use yall, and cancelled is misspelled, (I am a HORRID SPELLER, but you can just use firefox, or safari to fix bad spelling) I suggest making that a bit better, i.e.:
Quote :
We would love to have more co-hosts on our show! Just call in, the # is 718-506-1792. Call in just a few minutes after the show starts on Sunday at 4:00pm Eastern. We are also having the game show on the Riders Club. Sapphire's Glint has been cancelled due to no contestants but it will happen on the Riders Club, so anyone who wants to be a contestant can PM or email me at emily@emilymiller.com. Just to let you all know Cynder is Emily Miller. Okay guys, thank you for joining the Riders Club Forum. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU SUPPORT!!!
ADMINISTRATORS: Emily Miller and Case Godfrey
Feel free to use that, and I think all of them shold be that good, it makes the site more welcoming. And Case, or whoever did it, there is a forum in here called "do you like it." it should be "Do You Like It?" As I said, these are little, easy to fix things, and I have nothing really against the forum/podcast, infact I love it, and love being an admin for the side, and forum, so keep up the good work, and try to follow this advise!
Another helpful advise from a geek thread Th_wink
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male
Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Well thank you VERY much for the advise tombom. Emily does the forum mostly and myspace. I do the site and the podcaast.
Back to top Go down
https://ridersclub.forumotion.net
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:09 pm

ahh, ok... dud, what happened with the podcast? I thought it was today.
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 6:13 am

NO, Sorry but me and em have been busy and haven't been able to update anything. I is always on saturdays at 4:00eastern. There IS one this saturday.
Back to top Go down
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:18 am

Ok, good. It HAS been a while, btw you guys seem to have a lot of listeners and another good review on iTunes!!! Are you on PodcastAlley? It's a great way to promote ur podcast, and you can tell people to vote for you there!
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 12:26 pm

I did submit it but i don't know if we are on it or not.
Back to top Go down
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm

I doubt it, it usually takes 2-3 months
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Hopefully it is up there soon.
Back to top Go down
Emsta
Admin
Admin
Emsta

Female
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:50 pm

yeah thats good
Back to top Go down
http://ridersclub.sosblog.com
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:55 pm

yes, indeed 'tis. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:51 am

Yes, yes it is.
Back to top Go down
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:29 am

well, this is over with. I will say if I get it onto PA or Odeo or any other place.
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 10:20 am

What are those Mr. Geek. LOL!
Back to top Go down
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:33 pm

PA is podcast alley. Odeo is a podcast and video directory
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:23 am

oh, ok SWEET!
Back to top Go down
Emsta
Admin
Admin
Emsta

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Yum im hungry
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Me too. Back on topic.
Back to top Go down
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 6:55 am

Ok, I added a "Get the riders Club" thingie on the side. You can click the zun thing to zubscribe on zune, itunes to subscribe in itunes, and rss to subscribe in anything else.
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:17 am

AWSOME!!! your the best.
Back to top Go down
Carly
Ancient
Ancient
Carly

Female
Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Finaly!!
Back to top Go down
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:47 pm

yeah, thanks guys, you can also search it in itunes, so yeah, theres like 10 million subscribers lol!!
Back to top Go down
esac
Admin
Admin
esac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Lol! Tom, what does the reach thing on feedburner mean?
Back to top Go down
tombom
Admin
Admin
tombom

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 pm

quote from a google blog:
Quote :
“While the subscriber number is a measure of how many people have opted in to receive a feed, “Reach” is the total number of people who have taken action — viewed or clicked — on the content in a feed. At any given time, a certain percentage of the TechCrunch subscriber base is actively engaging with content and this “Reach” measurement provides this additional insight for a given day. Again, to use the example of a newspaper subscription, FeedBurner’s “Reach” calculation is akin to the number of people who have opened the newspaper and actually glanced at the Sudoko puzzle, as opposed to the guy who lets his paper sit out in the rain and get soggy while he’s spending the weekend in Medicine Hat. He’s still considered a subscriber, but just can’t get to his feeds right now.”

I was relieved to learn that my reach-to-subscriber ratio wasn’t abnormally low. That article continues:

“It is not uncommon to see very popular and active feeds with a small percentage reach engagement on any given day, even in a feed where 100% of the total subscriber base is active, simply because most subscribers don’t check all of their feeds every day.”
Back to top Go down
Emsta
Admin
Admin
Emsta

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:02 am

whoa
Back to top Go down
Carly
Ancient
Ancient
Carly

Female
Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 4:22 pm

sorry I don't speak geek just bookworm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another helpful advise from a geek thread   Another helpful advise from a geek thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Another helpful advise from a geek thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Riders Club official forum! :: Website and forum :: Improvements-
Jump to: